Our Kiln-to-hearth program was introduced in 2021 and brings the best firewood directly to your door. Each box ships with:
- Tinder: Thin and extremely flammable material. Your first ingredient when sparking something good.
- Kindling: Pre-split small kindling will make every fire-building experience easier.
- Fatwood: Found anywhere pine trees grow, a delightful-smelling natural fire starter.
- Firewood: The main event. The best of the best kiln dried firewood.
- 1 Box of matches: With our exceptional kiln dried firewood, one match is all you’ll need!
- How many fires: 2-4 fires
Tips for Storing Firewood Safely and Securely
No matter how much firewood you need or buy, storing it the right way extends its life and helps you get the most value out of your purchase. Here are some tips for properly storing your firewood.
- Keep it off the ground to reduce rot and infestation from bugs and bacteria — store firewood on a metal rack or on surfaces like concrete.
- When possible, store firewood in an outdoor shed or garage to keep it away from elements like rain and snow.
- Cover firewood stacks with a tarp if you leave them outdoors to minimize exposure and rot and to ensure your wood is dry when it’s time to use it.
- Always stack firewood in an organized manner that allows some space on all sides of the stack for air to circulate; this prevents moisture build-up and faster rotting.