8 Great Tips To Add To Your Camping Checklist
More than 30 million Americans every year go camping. It is a great way to become closer with family or friends, take a break from everyday life and recharge yourself. We want to help you get the most out of your camping trip by giving you these simple tips for the perfect experience.
I, for one, have had many wonderful camping experiences with my family and it is the kind of quality time we will always cherish.
- Find your site. Whether it’s in the mountains, desert, woods, or even a beach, pick a beautiful scenic site that you and your family will enjoy. Here is a listing of Connecticut State Parks you might enjoy checking out.
- Get the right gear. When you figure out how much space you’ll have and how long you’ll be gone, bring along the right equipment. Stick to the essentials and purchase a quality backpack to keep these items in.
- Bring fire supplies. Don’t forget local firewood, matches, pots, utensils, and food to cook over the fire. You won’t want to be eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for every meal!
- Dress properly. Be sure to bring clothes that are moisture-wicking material to keep yourself dry and sweat free. Also, bring a swimsuit, hat, hiking boots, and raingear just in case! Remember to dress in layers.
- Keep clean. Bring soap, a toothbrush, toothpaste, toilet paper, and hand sanitizer to stay as clean as you can!
- Bring a first aid kid. First aid kits are extremely important when camping. Also, be sure to bring sunscreen, bug spray, and any medications you might need.
- Bring entertainment. Yes, there are some types of entertainment that don’t need electricity! Board games, instruments, books, and good campfire stories are so much fun when camping.
- Have fun! Bring your positive, fun attitude and you’ll be sure to have a great experience.